The bike was given as a
reference photo and I needed to find a model to put on it. This
was my first mockup sent and although some of the aspects of it were
good, there many things that were off like the size and the type of
model which was more girly than desired by this client.
I couldn't find a model
wearing the clothes they wanted and in the correct pose so I then set up
and modeled for the shot myself with lighting corresponding to the
lighting on the bike.
I then took my photo and
superimposed it onto the bike. This still was not quite what was
desired so the client sent another reference photo for me to work from.
This photo will be very
useable and will only need some minor changes to outfit and hair color.
I decided to go directly to the pencil version from here. This
whole process took 1 week and it is not uncommon to go through many
versions of an image before coming upon our final mockup.
Here is the final version
we came up with to work from.